Wednesday 24 July 2013

God`s greatest creation?

Genesis chapter 2

The chapter starts with God taking a well earned rest before the story seems to re-focus on the creation of man.
There is a famous cartoon of a gorilla with a bible in one hand and a copy of Darwin’s origin of species in the other and the caption “Am I my brother’s keeper, or my keepers brother?”
This may come as a shock to some readers, but I don’t, and the church as a whole (mostly), has no major objection to the theory of evolution – just a godless version of the theory where history has shown that once God and morality are taken out, and the “survival of the fittest” tagline has led to eugenics and many of the worst excesses of the 20th century where word additions like “sub” and “non” were used as excuses for murder and genocide.
Surely if we are to take God’s instruction to care for the planet at all seriously surely the answer to the cartoon would be “Both”

As a Bachelor, I find the end of this chapter slightly irritating – surely I am complete with God?


No comments:

Post a Comment