Tuesday 3 September 2013

To err is human

Genesis Chapter 45
Joseph finally cannot stand it any more and sends all the Egyptians away and reveals his identity to his brothers

Joseph forgives his brothers – he explained how God used their action to save lives and that he now has no further axes to grind. Somehow I suspect he may be less sanguine about all this had they turned up while he was in slavery or prison!

Joseph arranges for Jacob and family to move down to Egypt giving them carts to bring the families down and even goes so far as to tell his brothers not to quarrel on the way.

Jacob’s comment “I’m convinced that my son Joseph really is alive. I must go and see him before I die”

I guess if there is one thing that this chapter demonstrates is that God can use bad things for good in his plan - though God would rather we do the RIGHT thing in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment