Sunday 27 September 2015

Psalm 102 A prayer from a hard place

Psalm 102

This Psalm is headed - the prayer of an afflicted person who has grown weak and pours out a lament before the LORD.

Hear my prayer, LORD, let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me

We saw in the book of Job the case of a guy who suffered a lot.- this psalm is a similar theme.

The writer of the Psalm is not in a good place, his bones ache, his heart feels blighted, and he forgets to eat his food.

There is a message in this Psalm that I find somehow there is a future beyond the suffering.
In the Psalm the descendants will be established before God and the children of god's servants will live in his presence.

Job had assurance "I know that my redeemer lives" 

For me, the message of the Psalm is that God is present in suffering and there is an end to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment