Friday 1 July 2016

Psalm 130 Out of the Depths I cry to you, LORD

Psalm 130

There is a memorial plaque at my church which is in memory of the unmarried sister of the vicar at the time who died in a boating accident at Pangbourne on Thames (Here unfulfilled) it says with some sadness ( I assume) 
"Out of the depths I cry to thee O LORD" 

LORD, hear my voice.
Let your ear be attentive to my cry for mercy.

I think it is a bit interesting that very few people approach God as though he owes them a favour don't find him, while those who seek mercy are not turned away.

If you, LORD kept a record of sins, LORD who could stand?

I'm afraid that there is a record of sins kept, but with God there is forgiveness, Christians believe that through Jesus death and resurrection forgiveness of sins if we come to God for mercy, admit our sins and try and turn away from them.

I wait for the LORD, by whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the LORD more than watchmen wait for the morning.

Put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.




No comments:

Post a Comment