Saturday 6 June 2015

Psalm 73 The Pure in heart

Psalm 73

Surely God is good to Israel , to those who are pure in heart.

This is book 3 of the book of Psalms, and this particular Psalm is one of Asaph.

The psalmist admits to nearly falling- "my hand had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold.
For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

They have no struggles, their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by human ills.

The psalm goes on to tell how the arrogant and wicked have things so easy and continues
Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure and washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been afflicted, and every morning brings new punishments.

The Psalmist goes on 
When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God then I understood their final destiny 

My flesh and heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

As for me it is good to be near God. I have made the sovereign LORD my refuge I will tell of all your deeds.

Note to self - stay close to God and don't worry about those other who have it too easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment