Tuesday 25 November 2014

Psalm 16 Keep watching God

Psalm 16

David wrote this "miktam" - an unknown musical term

David says "you are my God, apart from you I have no good thing"
The holy people in the land are the ones who are noble and delight Davi.

Those who run after other gods suffer more and more - David declares that he will not pour out offerings of blood to such gods or even speak their names.

God is David's portion and cup who makes his lot secure, the boundaries of his land are extremely pleasant and with God his inheritance is delightful.

I keep my eyes always on the LORD, with him at my right hand I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices, my body will also rest secure.

 Because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead nor will you let your faithful one see decay.

You make known to me the paths of life, you fill me joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

The verse about God not abandoning him to death nor letting his faithful one see decay are quoted about the resurrection of Jesus 


No comments:

Post a Comment