Thursday 29 January 2015

Psalm 43 - is this Psalm 42 part 2?

Psalm 43

This Psalm is quite short and finishes with the refrain that occurs in Psalm 42.

Vindicate me, my God and plead my cause against an unfaithful nation.

The writer of this psalm feels that God has rejected him and handed him over to his enemies

The request in this psalm is basically - 
Send me your light and your faith care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
Then I will go to the alter of God, to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre,  O God my God.

Then we get that refrain from Psalm 42
Why, my soul are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my saviour and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment