Sunday 22 March 2015

Psalm 54 Reliance on God

Psalm 54

This Psalm was written by David when the Ziphites had told Saul where he was hiding at the time.

The Psalm starts with a prayer to God to save the writer and hear his prayer.

David's immediate problem is that arrogant foes are attacking him and ruthless people are hunting for him, but surely God will help him and sustain him.

Let evil recoil on those who slander me: in your faithfulness destroy them.

What is the point of a freewill offering, God does not need it?
Perhaps sometimes we should just act out of gratitude for something good that God has done.

I will praise you name Lord, for it is good, you have delivered me from all me troubles and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes

I think the last part of the Psalm was written before God had actually got David out of his predicament, and is an act of faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment