Sunday 5 April 2015

Psalm 57 Trusting on the mercy of God

Psalm 57

This Psalm, another of king David, was written when he was hiding from Saul in a cave. 
If my memory serves, Saul chose the same cave to use as a latrine at which David refused to kill him and not the the opportunity to seize the throne.

Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.

David cries out to God most high who has vindicated David time and again, sending forth his love and faithfulness. from the midst of lions and among ravenous bests David is forced to live 

God is exalted over all the earth and above the heavens, and in the face of the those who seek harm David's faith in God in unshaken 

Verse 7 "My heart, Oh God is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
Awake my soul, Awake harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn"

This Psalm that starts off in despair finishes on a note of praise setting God above the heavens and his glory covering the earth (wicked people, wild lions and ravenous beasts and all!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment