Tuesday 7 April 2015

Psalm 58 The role of a leader

Psalm 58

There is a general election coming up in this country (yes, I have not been living in a cave or under a rock) - I'm pretty disillusioned about the whole show if I'm honest. 

"Do you rulers indeed speak justly, do you judge people with equity?" Asks verse 1
No, in your heart you devise injustice and your hands mete out violence on the earth

Even from birth the wicked go astray.

David asks God to break their teeth and pull their poison, may the be like a slug that melts as is moves.

I'm not sure I like the tone of this Psalm particularly - it talks about the righteous being glad when they are avenged and dipping their feet in the blood of the wicked - YUCK and eugh.

Surely there is a God who judges the earth.
Something the powerful would do well to remember - even they have to answer to a higher authority.


No comments:

Post a Comment