Saturday 2 May 2015

Psalm 62 Find rest in God

Psalm 62

This Psalm is another one of David's dedicated to Jeduthun.

Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

This security in God does not appear to insulate David (or indeed anybody else) from trouble and hassle because the next part of the Psalm continues 

How long will you assault me? Would all you you throw me down - this leaning wall, this tottering fence?
They take delight in lies with their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse

The Psalm repeats the rest in God .

Surely the lowborn are but a breath and the highborn are but a lie (good job I am middle class heh??)
If weighed on a balance they are  nothing - together they are only a breath.

One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard;

"Power belongs to you, God, and with you, Lord is unfailing love"
"You reward everyone according to what they have done"

Here in the UK we have an election coming up - for weeks now we have been fed a constant steam of hot air from all the political parties - together they are only a breath sounds apt.

There is a message here for those who would run the country - Power belongs to God, and with God is unfailing love.

You know what, I'm going to cast my vote on Thursday trusting in God.



No comments:

Post a Comment