Sunday 31 May 2015

Psalm 70 An innocent plea

Psalm 70

Some years ago I spoke to a political candidate standing for a major party in British politics. He held the view that capital punishment should be immediately re-instated, when I challenged him about miscarriages of justice and the state killing innocent people he said that they must have been doing something wrong - else why were they arrested? 

I did not vote for him - partly due to the sentiments of this psalm, and partly because I am aware of several cases of miscarriage of justice in this country - David prays that God will come quickly to help and save him from those who want to kill an innocent man.

This psalm asks God to act quickly without delay to confound those who oppose him.

I believe that God did answer his prayer - maybe not as fast as David would have liked though!


No comments:

Post a Comment