Sunday 12 July 2015

Psalm 83 When God is deaf and silent

Psalm 83

This is another Psalm of Asaph.

I'm honestly not sure about this particular Psalm - let's have a look and I'll try and explain

O God, do not remain silent; do not turn a deaf ear, do not stand aloof, O God.
See how your enemies growl, how your foes rear their heads, with cunning they conspire against your people; they plot against those you cherish.

Here is the bit I find a bit difficult - I don't believe that my enemies are necessarily the automatic enemies of God as is suggested in this psalm.

The Psalm goes on to suggest to God carries out certain punishments and retributions against his enemies, again I don't suggest that this is up to us.

I guess I can agree with the last verse - Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD - that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment