Wednesday 15 July 2015

Psalm 84 Chez God

Psalm 84

This is a psalm of the Sons of Korah - According to Gittith the introduction says.

My most precious and amazing memories are of times when I found myself in the welcoming presence of God, spending time in the presence and house of God is truly amazing.
The Psalmist agrees with me here - listen

How lovely is you dwelling place, LORD Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints for the courts of the LORD, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Birds of the air make their nests in the temple, close to the alter - and the writer is a bit jealous as it seems!
Interesting that Jesus said "Birds have their nests, foxes their dens, but I have nowhere" the temple in Jerusalem was the most holy place on the planet, but the son of God did not live there!

Those who live in the house of God are blessed - forever praising God their strength.

Blessed are  those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.

In my time I have been on pilgrimage 3 times on a particular pilgrimage - I decided a really good description of a pilgrimage is a physical journey through spiritual realms and to a spiritual destination.

The feeling of joy and thanksgiving I had when we arrived at the slipper chapel at Walsingham was very profound.

The Psalmist says that one day with God is better than a thousand days anywhere else, and the doorkeeper of the house of God is better off than living in the luxury of the wicked.
For the Lord is a sun and a shield, bestowing favour and honour.


No comments:

Post a Comment