Tuesday 28 July 2015

Psalm 88 Hello Darkness my old friend

Psalm 88
This is not a particularly happy Psalm - hence the quote from a popular song lyric in the title!

Lord, you are the God who saves me; day and night I cry out to you. 
May my prayer come before you
Turn your ear to my cry.
I am overwhelmed with troubles and my life draws near to death.

Effectively the author of the Psalm feels at, if not literally his life's end, the end of his strength.
It is interesting some of the questions here - there is no particular belief here in the afterlife.

There are branches of Christianity that seem to preach that it will all turn out right in heaven - I personally don't know for sure if there is an afterlife.

I live life, believing by faith in an afterlife - but just in case I am wrong I would like to leave this world better than I found it.

I believe in eternity - but it starts here and now. 
God help me not to put off doing the good I can do today.


Before I go. 
I had a notice from Google about cookies that will appear on my blog page.
Cookies are embedded in the website from Google, They are used to provide analytics. I can see how people find the blog and what country they are in, which browser and Operating system they use - If I choose to access the information (which sometimes I do out of interest). I get no information that identifies you personally.
If you are in the EU Google notifies you of these cookies.
If you are outside the EU Google does not have to inform you - but they do use cookies.

  1. Definition of:cookie. cookie. A small text file (up to 4KB) created by aWeb site that is stored in the user's computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie).Cookies provide a way for the Web site to recognize you and keep track of your preferences.
  2. cookie Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia

    www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/40334/cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment