Wednesday 22 July 2015

Psalm 86 A poor and needy prayer

Psalm 86

I thought that the Psalms of David were finished some time ago - yet here we have a new Psalm attributed to David.

The Psalm starts with David asking God to hear him and answer him, guard his life as he is faithful.

God is unique to David as he is the only god that actually answers him

David Prays in the Psalm "Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness.
Give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name.

I will glorify your name forever, for great is your love toward me.

Changing the subject - Today in the news it seems that probably portions of the oldest Koran in the world has been discovered in a collection of books donated by the Christian philanthropist (and chocolate maker)  Mr Cadbury who wanted to encourage Birmingham as a centre of religious studies - even if the religion is not one that was shared, Cadbury wanted to encourage the search for God from whatever source.


No comments:

Post a Comment