Friday 7 August 2015

Psalm 92 A day well spent

Psalm 92

This Psalm was written for the Sabbath.

It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High,
Proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night.

Sometimes I get really into the moment, at work, in a game making a You tube video, at church, playing my Euphonium or Trombone.

Particular times that are amazing is when I am playing in worship and I kind of enter heaven on earth.
There is a line from the Blues Brothers 2000 - I've used it before "No pharmaceutical product can match that feeling you get when the music is playing and the crowd is jumping and the joint is rocking"

The same applies in church when the spirit of God most high feels close.

When I am , to quote a hymn, "lost in wonder, love and praise" I feel like I would like to stay there forever.

"The Righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon, planted in the house of the LORD.

Flourishing in the courts of our God they will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming "The LORD is upright - he is my rock, and there is no wickedness in him."


No comments:

Post a Comment