Sunday 23 August 2015

Psalm 97 Your God?

Psalm 97

The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad, let the distant shores rejoice.

One thing I have been told when talking bout my faith is that people in effect say (though generally not is as few words as this) "Shut up, go away, you go and do your religion stuff and let me carry on as I was!" 

In this Psalm God is ruler over all the earth, surrounded by clouds and darkness, with righteousness and justice at the foundations of his throne.

Here God's enemies are consumed by fire from the presence of God and all people see God's glory.
Even those who do not believe in him - those who worship false gods realise the falseness of their beliefs.

For God is the Most High over all the earth, exalted above all gods
Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

Let me mention here the Christians around the world lose their lives, but I dont think that this Psalm is entirely wrong - I believe that those who die for and in faith are not afraid as Jesus put it "Of those who can only destroy the body" 

Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name.

I believe that God will one day call everybody to account, but if I am wrong what have I lost?
If I am right though, what can I gain?


No comments:

Post a Comment