Sunday 12 June 2016

Psalm 121 Run for the hills!

Psalm 121

There is an expression "Run for the Hills" - in the BBC show Blackadder this phrase is followed with "Bit they're coming from the hills"- - "Run away from the hills"

I live in a town called Ilkley which is in a valley between Ilkley moor on one side and high land with Beamsley beacon the other 

This Psalm starts with the words "I lift my eyes up to the hills, Where does my help come from?"

This Psalm is very comforting and positive and the chance to just relax into the presence of God here is rather nice.

Our help comes from God, maker of heaven and earth .
He will not let your foot slip - God watches over us won;t let our foot slip, he does not sleep.
God is our shelter so that neither the sun nor the moon can hurt us.
(I'm quite fair skinned and get sunburn easily!)


God will watch over our coming and going, both now and forevermore.



No comments:

Post a Comment