Saturday 6 December 2014

Psalm 20 A prayer of blessing

Psalm 20 

This is another Psalm of David 

The prayer is one that I personally agree with 

May the LORD answer you when you are in distress, may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.

May he remember your sacrifices and accept your burned offerings.

May he give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

What does this mean? I'd rather like to win the lottery and retire to a paradise tropical island!
Having said that I don't really think the deep desires of my heart and my plans actually involve weather and sea related lounging around.

Now this I know, writes David, the LORD gives victory to his anointed. 

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

I don't think I can add anything much to this psalm, so I'll keep it short today.

No comments:

Post a Comment