Sunday 7 December 2014

Psalm 21 Rejoicing in the strength of God

Psalm 21

This is another of King David's Psalms, this one very clearly written from his point of view

The king rejoices in your strength, LORD, how great is his joy in the victories you give.

You have granted him his heart's desire and have not withheld the request of his lips.

In this Psalm, David acknowledges that God has ultimately given him a crown and kingdom.

I think that following David's example here is a good thing - I personally need to specifically take time and thank God for all the marvellous things that he has given.

The mere fact I am able to write a blog and publish it on the internet is something that has not been possible had I not had the great blessing to be born when I was.
Access to the internet and a computer really is amazing.

On top of that I have a job I enjoy that is sufficiently well paid to pay for my needs and (most) of my wants.

Sometimes I have to take a step back and look at how much God has done - not only materially, but as a Christian I have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ 

No comments:

Post a Comment