Thursday 18 December 2014

Psalm 26 "The faithful have nothing to fear"

Psalm 26

Over the last few years in this country the government has introduced legislation that can be used to curtail the liberties, movements and freedoms of people suspected of being potential terrorists, sometimes the information they have is so secret that even the accused cannot know what it is. However we are told "the innocent have nothing to fear" 

Why did I start with decidedly liberal rant? Well Psalm 26 starts with a plea from David "Vindicate me, LORD, for I have led a blameless life"

The innocent have nothing to fear? Hmm.

David states that he has not faltered in his trust of God and invites God to examine his heart and mind - never forgetting the unfailing love and faithfulness of God.

David does not, in an echo of Psalm 1, sit with the deceitful, nor associate with hypocrites, and he refuses to sit with the wicked.

David keeps his hands clean, washing them in innocence and goes to attend God's alter proclaiming praise for the wonderful deeds of God.

Location, location, location 

David loves the house where God lives (at this stage it was still a tent) and where the glory of God dwells.

David pleads - "Do not take away my soul along with sinners, my life with those who are bloodthirsty, in whose hands are wicked schemes, whose right hands are full of bribes.

"I lead a blameless life; deliver me and be merciful to me."

"My feet stand on level ground; in the great congregation I will praise the LORD"

No comments:

Post a Comment