Monday 15 December 2014

Psalm 25 Trusting in God

Psalm 25

"In you, LORD my God I put my trust. I trust in you: do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me"

David has his complete trust in God - sometimes I have to admit that I trust in "God plus" - that is God plus my job, or my abilities. I am aware that I have a job and abilities through the gift of God and I really should be more grateful to God who has given me a job I enjoy.

The psalm continues saying that no one who hopes in God will be put to shame - but shame will come on the treacherous.

I think I can echo the prayer in the next bit - 
Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long.

God's mercy and love are a constant through history - though it seems that David did have spells of rebellion in his youth - which he asks God to to forget.

Jesus actually said, on the subject of conversion, "There is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner that repents than over 100 righteous people who don't need to repent" - ok this is a bit of a paraphrase, but the sentiment is true.

The other theme I get from this Psalm is that God is really good and upright, but he loves his people who try to live according to his ways.




No comments:

Post a Comment