Monday 29 December 2014

Psalm 31 Take refuge in God

Psalm 31

This is another psalm of David where he starts off saying that he has taken refuge in God let him never be put to shame.

God is David's safe place where he turns when he has need of a rock of refuge or a fortress of protection.

In trust we are invited to, in the words of the first (and many later) martyrs of the Christian faith "Into your hands I commit my spirit, deliver me, LORD, my faithful God.

God is remarkably good at hanging on to souls I believe, and committing oneself to the mercy of God is not in reality a foolish thing to do.

I'm going to leave most of the rest of the psalm, which describes David's troubles, enemies and how he called on God as it has been covered before and I'm sure will be again - it is not that I want to pass over honesty and feelings but I just don't want to type them again!

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD is how the Psalm finishes - trouble does not simply disappear when we call on god, they do become just a tad more manageable and in a sense I don't have to manage them alone any more.


No comments:

Post a Comment